Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slouchy Bow Beanie, Cat Collars & More

This isn't my first blog I've written for my business.
However, this is the first blog I feel as if I could update frequently.
Here's to starting over...

Let me start this update by introducing some patterns to you by Crabapple Crochet. I've only written a couple, all being unique and very cute finished products! This Slouchy Bow Beanie is my most recent pattern, as it was inspired by a customer! This customer in particular was looking for a slouchy, over-sized beanie, nothing too extravagant, but unique like herself. Unable to find a pattern already written similar to what she was describing, I decided to come up with my own original idea... & a pattern was born! 

The pattern for the Slouchy Bow Beanie is for sale in both my Etsy and Ravelry store for only $3.60. It requires about 1 1/2 skeins of Loops and Threads Charisma (or similar) in any color you desire (my customer chose charcoal), and a 6mm crochet hook. The beanie works up wonderfully and took me less than 2 hours to make. Best of all, I give full permission to sell what you make! Just please be understanding, keep the pattern to yourself and direct your friends to my shop to purchase their own copy. 




Next, another more recent pattern by Crabapple Crochet: The Dainty Flower Baby Headband! This headband is beautiful and requires only a minimal amount of materials. The pattern calls for a small amount of floss or crochet thread and a 3.25mm crochet hook. They are simple, yet beautiful, and work great  as a photography prop! 



The last pattern I will introduce to you today is the Bow-tie Embellishment or Cat Collar pattern. This pattern originally started off as simply just a cat collar, being inspired by a photo I had seen on the internet of a pretty little kitty. I experimented, crocheting what seemed like thousands of bow-ties for my little feline friends, making sure they had a bow-tie in every color available. 

This pattern includes instructions on how to crochet a bow-tie as well as attaching it to a crocheted collar, with the option of adding on a bell. This pattern, like the others, is very easy to follow and inexpensive! The pattern calls for a small amount of worsted weight yarn (I found they look best in cotton), a small bell (optional) and a 3.75mm crochet hook. Definitely a great pattern for beginners!


Well, it seems as though it's time to roll out of bed. The sky is looking stormy, with the potential threat of a March snow storm... Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment