Friday, March 8, 2013

Free Pattern Friday: Snow Day Edition



What's cozier than a hot cup of coffee or tea on a beautiful snowy day? The fact that your cup of coffee can be cozy too... in it's very own mug cozy! 

I just whipped up this pattern quick by last nights memory so excuse any mistakes. It's incredibly early and I wanted to post before I forgot what I had on my mind. I'll come back through later to fix any mistakes & to add a picture or two. 

For this quick and easy crochet pattern, you'll need a small amount of worsted weight cotton yarn in any color you desire and a 5mm crochet hook. I chose spring colors to brighten up the gloomy winter day, but really, anything works. 

Foundation Row: Chain 10
Rows 1-32 Sc in each st across, chain 1 and turn at the end of each row.
Row 33: Sl st in first 4 sts, chain 10, sl st to join in same st and in next 5 sts, fasten off.
Sew a small button on to the mug cozy, opposite of the button hole. Weave in all ends.

This pattern can easily be modified for smaller or larger cups by increasing or decreasing the amount of rows. 

The snow is supposed to keep coming down until about noon. So far we've got well over the predicted six inches, or at least I think so. It's now March 8th, doesn't that seem a little late for a snow storm? I don't mind, gives me another excuse to sit back and crochet all day. I've got tons of ideas, and better yet, I've finished all my orders! I'll probably sit by the window watching the flakes come down. There's certainly nothing more relaxing than that!








Stay warm, readers!




No comments:

Post a Comment