Thursday, March 7, 2013

Faulty patterns drive me nuts...

Especially when it's for something I really want to crochet! I found an adorable stuffed bear pattern on ravelry.com this past week. I've been dying to make a traditional teddy bear for the longest time. While browsing through the search results, I found a pattern for a bear that was very unique. He was made up of two arms and two legs, but his body was just a round misshapen ball. I worked up all four extremities to find that the way the designer says to connect the legs to work up the body doesn't work. I'm thinking that maybe I've read it wrong, but I went back and re-read and unraveled and crocheted again a couple times and my stitch count still isn't right. Oh well. I've got two arms and two legs ready to go, maybe I'll make up my own character using those pieces. 

Anyway, I feel as if I have been slacking on orders, although I've only got one and it's been in the works for the past week. I've been incredibly distracted from my crochet work since I picked up "At First Sight" by Nicholas Sparks last week. I've been on the hunt to find all of his books since I finished that one. So far I've read 'Dear John,' 'The Lucky One,' 'At First Sight,' 'The Notebook,' and now I'm reading 'The Wedding.' All have seemed to amaze me...

Again, I'm distracted! Today I finished one pair of granny square slippers. They are so totally awesome and I cannot get enough of them! A pair is made up of twelve total squares, single crocheted together. It's like wearing an afghan on your feet. So warm... so comfy. Especially on dreary days like today. I hope my aunt likes them! 

I've noticed lately that I've fallen absolutely in love with granny squares. I am dying to make anything and everything with them since I learned how to put together these awesome slippers. 

If you are interested in making your own granny square slippers, this is the pattern I used: http://www.purlbee.com/granny-square-slippers/

Or if you don't know how to crochet, you can place an order for them with me! You can choose up to three colors of your choice. I promise you, you'll never want to take them off your feet, they are that awesome. :) Just send me an e-mail, contact me on Facebook or simply leave a comment on the blog. I'd be more than happy to whip up a pair for you in your favorite colors! 

Well, I'm afraid it's time to start assembling the second pair of slippers... Have a wonderful day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment